Thread: Rosemary Clooney in White Christmas

Thumbs up 1954 White Christmas

I just watched "White Christmas" with Bing, Rosemary, Vera and Danny. In my opinion the best Christmas movie ever. Such talent and they are all gone now.

My favorite song: Rosemary singing "Love You Didn't Do Right By Me" ( I would kill to find that dress for New years Eve!!!) thats why I love the ole musicals, all those beautiful dresses, and costumes. People just don't dress up anymore. Not to mention all the talented actress's and actors, singers, dancers. How much our children missed. "the good ole days"

Charlie

TO SEND ME A JOE, WHO HAD ICE AND SNOW IN HIS HEART, WASN'T SMART!!

FAS; KEEP HIS MUSIC PLAYING, AND SLEEP WARM

White Christmas

Charlie,

Thanks for setting up this thread on White Christmas. It's my favorite holiday movie! I love all of the songs from the movie!

Savatri is offline Diamond Member
    It used to be called "Holiday Inn."

It's funny how they can change movie titles if they want to. It reminds me of a movie when our relations with the old USSR were not too good. Seems to me there were one or two movies with Moscow in the title and were permissible when they were our allies. Then they removed the reference to Russia. It wasn't Mission to Miscow. Something else. Can't remember it.

Well back to cheery old White Christmas.

Joan
    Joan
    "Don't be trapped by dogma which is living as the result of everyone else's thinking" - Steve Jobs

Library Bob is offline "Conan, the Librarian"
    This is my all-time favorite Christmas movie and I watch it every year. Have the VHS and just bought the DVD. The latter has some pretty solid special features, including the original theatrical trailer and an interview with Rosemary Clooney.

Five great talents: Bing, Rosie, Danny Kaye, Vera-Ellen, and Dean Jagger. Gone but not forgotten, especially during the holidays.

Charlie, next time you see "Love, You Didn't Do Right By Me," check out one of the boy dancers with Rosie. He's none other than George Chakiris, later immortalized on film as Bernardo in "West Side Story" and winning an Oscar in the bargain. You can actually see his face for about 10 seconds during that song. What impresses me about that gown, as an observant guy, is that it's cut so low in the back that there's a whole other cleavage visible.

But I digress. I know all the dialogue and songs, but I watch it every year ... and love it every year.
    "Remember, there's no place like home...'cept Vegas when Sinatra's in town." -- Bruce Willis in "North" (Columbia - Castle Rock: 1994)
    Library Bob

Nancy is offline Administrator
    Which celebrity is this thread about, please? I'd like to list the name in the subject line. Thanks...
    DON'T DESPAIR

Dan Bohin is offline HER FANcy DAN

The Song, White Christmas

Has special memories for me...I remember my father telling me when I was a little boy that when he was in the service WW II, it was the first time he was away from home and he was in a canteen and the song came on the Juke Box. He cried. Now, the song makes me want to cry also at times, especially since he is no longer with me.
    She's so hot ta, give all that I got ta, just to be in the company of Miss Nancy Sinatra...BOTTLE ROCKETS lyric from the song NANCY SINATRA.

Burt Foster is offline Father - Grandfather

Question Not "Holiday Inn"

I used to think that the Holiday Inn movie was really the White Christmas movie, but I was wrong.

Holiday Inn is a movie with Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire where Bing's character gets sick of show business and opens up an inn, the Holiday Inn.

"Enjoy The Day"
    Burt

Savatri is offline Diamond Member
    Burt, I think that's incorrect. White Christmas was originally entitled "Holiday Inn". Well, that can easily be checked out, tho I'll wait to see if someone else knows. I have to many errands still left for the late afternoon here.

Someone here knows, anyway. If anyone cares.

Joan
    Joan
    "Don't be trapped by dogma which is living as the result of everyone else's thinking" - Steve Jobs

Tricia is offline Platinum Member

Rosemary Clooney

Originally posted by Nancy
    Which celebrity is this thread about, please? I'd like to list the name in the subject line. Thanks...
    It's Rosemary Clooney, Nancy.
    Tricia

Love IS all there is

Susan is offline Moderator
    "Holiday Inn" was released in 1942 starring Bing Crosby, Fred Astaire and Marjorie Reynolds

"White Christmas" in 1954 with Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye and Rosemary Clooney

The song "White Christmas" made its movie debut in "Holiday Inn"

Nancy is offline Administrator
    Thanks Tricia

With <Bing, Rosemary, Vera and Danny. > in the first sentence, I wasn't sure...
    DON'T DESPAIR

Tricia is offline Platinum Member

My Pleasure Nancy

I see what you mean

Rosemary Clooney was a great lady and I've always enjoyed her voice and sweet personality.
    Tricia

Love IS all there is

This magnificent ending! I,as well, Charlie, would give anything for a cape like this!

What a lovely film, whatever it's name is!

Rhodalee is offline Diamond Member
    Susan -- you have it right.

Lux -- thanks for posting the picture, that movie is one of my favorites of all time.

Rhodalee
    Rhoda
    In memory of my Jesse and my Eric.

Thumbs up Rosemary Clooney in White Christmas

Nancy: Sorry I should have put a name in, but wanted to include all the good actors in it.

Yes, Library Bob I know that was George Charis as one of the dancers.

I always thought too this was a remake of Holiday Inn (another of my Christmas Favorites) but now I don't know the story's aren't alike at all, althou some of the songs are the same. I love them both so doesn't make any differance to me. They are both great movies. I have both movies also, and watch them faithfully every holiday season, I've been knowen to watch "White Christmas" in July. Why not good acting, singing & dancing is good to watch anytime.

Charlie

TO SEND ME A JOE, WHO HAS ICE & SNOW IN HIS HEART, WASN'T SMART!!!

Keep HIS music playing, and sleep warm

White Christmas

I like this witty, feel-good movie so much I watch it all through the year and in my opinion the Christmas season doesn't start until I've seen White Chistmas at least twice.

Emily